Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Today's Rundown

Work:
Well work was fairly mundane today, I had about a half-day and then went to the Corporate HQ building to do meet and greets for the incoming applicants.  It was interesting to talk to the various people, to be honest I was surprised how many of the interns interviewing today were 7-10+ years older than me.  My class is pretty much entirely people my age.

Nevertheless I have rarely had something worth talking about with people my age, so this was actually pretty good for me.  

Blog:
Trying to find a good format to work with on this blog, and at the same time establish what content I want to discuss.  Guess I'll keep trying til I find something that works.

WoW:
I transferred servers recently, so much depressing breakdowns on Blackhand, and hopped over to Sisters of Elune.  Its an entertaining Roleplay-focused server.  Problem is that raiding on this server is....subpar.  Everybody thinks that PvP gear is just fine for PvE content.... it doesn't work out well let me tell you.
For those who don't play WoW but would like an explanation its pretty simple:
PvP is focused on dealing heavy spike damage, and being able to take a beating.
In PvE you need things like improved hit chance, mana efficiency and constant damage output.

The gear for PvP does not provide any of these abilities.  I enjoy being on the top of the damage charts but when you have 6 people dealing damage, its frustrating to make up 20% of all the damage being done.  Of course you can't tell anyone they aren't geared correctly, perish the thought!

Well, I think thats gonna be it for now, I'll post more as time goes on.  Feel free to put comments if people want me to post about anything in particular.


No comments: