Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Life after College

Okay so I've been out of College for about 3.5 months now.

Its been.... hard;  I make enough to support my expenses, but I suddenly have the world resting on my shoulders so to speak and its been alot to deal with.  Car payments, insurance, rent, utilities, and every other thing that comes up has been stressful financially.

I currently live with my fiance and my best friend, with his girlfriend visiting on weekends.  This arrangement has been alright, but I often find myself as the calm center of a tense and volatile situation.  This is another bit of stress that I could do without, but someone has to be calm in the midst of all this.

Afterlife is a fitting term for where I am at right now, I feel like I've sort of hit this zone where I'm sort of free floating.   Working at my company is nice, they take good care of me, but the work is very mundane and for me very unfulfilling.  I intend to remedy this by pursuing my Masters of Computer Engineering and my MBA at their expense.  My goal is eventually to work in an engineering department or as Engineering IT for one the various business units.

My current rotation is alright, though I despise the lengthy meetings/conference calls.  I'm talking 1-4 hour calls at a time, this hurts me so.

IT is good work, its very easy if a bit vague sometimes, but its not fulfilling.  I feel like my intellect is being wasted where its not really being put to work.  

No comments: