Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Don't Break the Chain

Read a few posts today on Lifehacker about a productivity strategy for actually achieving long term goals. Basically you take 3-4 year-on-a-page calendars, and mark each with an activity that you want to dedicate time to. Every day that you put in your alotted time, you put an X on that calendar for that day. After enough days a chain starts to form, and the goal is to not break this chain.

So for my 3 calendars I am putting:
Exercise
Cleaning
Coding

If I can manage these three consistently I will add:
Writing

I do some of these activities already, some better than others, but they are things that I am trying to make priorities in my life. If nothing else, these give me objectives to overcome before I settle in to goof off at my computer or go out and do something. My hopes is that this will help me get on top things that need only a little daily maintenance but can really get away from you if you take multiple days off.

No comments: